Symantec Digital IDs for Secure Email allow you to digitally sign and encrypt your digital communications using a Class 1 Digital Certificate, bound to your email address. Recipients of your email will know that the content came from your email address and has remained private during transmission.*
Step-by-Step OverviewTo enroll for a Class 1 Digital ID, you will need to know the following:
- The Email address you will use for enrollment. The email address you provide during enrollment will be bound to your Digital ID
- You must enroll for and download certificates to the same computer and using the same email address and browser. 3 email messages will be sent to the email address that is used for enrollment. Therefore, bulk enrollment or enrolling for multiple ID's from one computer is not possible.** You will receive an approval, password and receipt email.
- During enrollment, you must choose a browser. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Payment is with credit card only.
Secure Email Digital IDs only work with email clients that support S/MIME. Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird and Lotus Notes are all supported. Purely web-based emails like Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo are not supported.
NOTE for Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer Users:
If you are using Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer (depending on your security settings) you may receive an error when attempting to pick up your certificate. To avoid this issue, follow these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > Trusted sites > Sites
- In the Trusted sites dialog box, type https://symantec.com in the Add this website to the zone box, and then click Add.
- Click Close, and then OK.
- Close all Internet Explorer windows.
- Start a new Internet Explorer window and enroll.
If you continue to experience difficulties we recommend you use Chrome 40.x or later to enroll for your certificate. If you must use another computer to enroll, you can transfer your certificate to another computer when done. Refer to our export / import instructions at: SO6063.
*Digital ID Certificates are now issued to "Persona Not Validated" to comply with generally accepted security best practices. This is because those that purchase, enroll, and install Digital ID Certificates are not required to validate their identity using a Notary or Trusted Agent Option
**For a bulk purchase of Digital ID Certificates, please email email@example.com with the number of users/licenses, other pertinent information, and any questions.